Friday, April 29, 2011

one last brick.

Have you ever played that game with the little wooden bricks? You build them into a tower, and then slowly you take turns pulling bricks out – the goal of the game is to take as many bricks out as you can without knocking the tower over...

I feel like I’m standing on that tower, really high up. One minute everything is solid and the next you feel as if the whole thing is about to collapse. Life has its ups and downs, but after awhile you get tired of the game. You get tired of people coming along and pulling the ground out from underneath you, you get tired of circumstances taking away your stability. You get tired of the fear that one move will cause your tower to collapse.

I hate to sound so depressing... but that’s how it is. I really honestly feel as if I’m standing at the top of that tower and so many bricks have been taken out – any moment the whole thing is going to come tumbling down.

That feeling is very real... very real. However; no matter how strong that feeling becomes I know for certain that my God is that very last brick... let me explain.

No matter how shaky things become, no matter how dark – I know God is there. No matter how hurt I am, no matter how many wrongs are done to me – I know God is there. No matter how many mistakes I make, no matter how lost I am – I know God is there. No matter how confused I am, no matter how desperate I become – I know God is there. Even if every brick is taken out from under me, and all I’m standing on rests on one little brick – I will not be shaken. That final brick that holds me up is my God – and he is always there, always listening, always watching, always loving, always forgiving, always helping, always supporting, always rejoicing. He will never fail me. He is the rock on which I stand. He is the only thing on which I stand.


1 comment:

  1. Isaiah 41:10
    So do not fear (hilary) for I am with you.
    do not my dismayed (hilary) for I am your God
    I will strengthen you (hilary)
    and help you
    I will uphold you (hilary) with MY RIGHTOUS RIGHT HAND.

    I know that you know that he is holding you but this verse has encouraged me and i hope that it does the same for you!

    ReplyDelete