Thursday, September 29, 2011

To Be Self-less

Selflessness - what does it mean to you?
I want to strive to be just like Christ - meaning I need to be less of myself. I need to surrender all that I am into God's hands so that he can shape me and mold me. I want to be who HE made me to be, not who the world says I could be... I desire all that HE desires for me - starting with a life that glorifies him. I dont want to focus on myself. I dont want to live a life that is focused on my happiness, my succes, my material gain... I want to live a life that is firmly rooted in Christ and revolves around him every minute of every day. Through HIM I will find not only temporary happiness, but eternal true Joy! I will find purpose and meaning.

The more I surrender all that I am, the more room I give Christ to dwell in me and move in me. I want to be selfless! I want to see others, and the world, through eyes that are not my own - I want to look through HIS eyes. I want to give up myself - give up my life - so that He can use me.

I want to be selfless.
more of you is less of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment